Avançar para o conteúdo principal

My Project - Part 1

This post is the follow up of my previous post related to my internship work place.


The Parking Sensor

As soon as I arrived I was assigned to an IoT project, which used an Electron (some sort of Arduino), to communicate and display the data on a website or a mobile phone application and a waterproof ultrasonic sensor.
The way it works is simpler than you might think. On a real life application, the sensor would be located on the ground (due to its goal being to be used on outdoors parking lots) and as it detected a car over it, it would send the data to the website or app, through the Electron. The website/app has a Google Maps type of display and the user is able to see every parking slot, and if it is available or not.
Here is the prototype made by me and my french colleague:


As you can see, the Electron is on the left side of the image, with an antenna attached to it. It has GPIO pins and in this case we use four: 3.3V to power the sensor; respective ground; A1 which is connected to the TRIGGER pin of the sensor; and A2 which is connected to the ECHO pin of the sensor.
And here is the Electron:




Unfortunately the website is still in development.

Rui Rocha

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

London Video